Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Welcome to my secret underground lair!

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm not entirely new to the blogging scene--I've been livejournaling (and failing to post in and subsequently deleting my livejournals) for years. I'd originally intended to title this blog "My Secret Underground Lair," but alas, it was already taken. The current title comes from a line my brother and I swear used to be in this scene from that 1966 cinematic masterpiece, Batman: The Movie. Repeated viewings (Yes, repeated. What can we say? Adam West is good campy fun.) on DVD seem to indicate our memories are faulty, but we cry conspiracy and are sure someone must have edited it out. (Fear the Pro-Shark Lobby, for they are mighty and they are many.)

Once I've finished my
Learning 2.0 and 43 Things homework this blog will be home to comic book and graphic novel reviews, hence the nods to both Batman and Spider-Man. I intend to focus on kid-friendly books, though there'll be occasional rants and raves about teen and adult titles, too. My not-so-secret-plan-for-world-domination involves throwing graphic novels at my co-workers in such numbers that they eventually realize resistance is futile and join me in the fervent belief that "comics are cool."

2 comments:

  1. Throwing graphic novels at people seems sure to foment papercuts and bent corners. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, love the title of the blog and the URL. Any modern person who doesn't get the references is completely culturally illiterate. Says the chick who came in 3rd on Jeopardy!

    ReplyDelete