Wednesday, February 25, 2009

the high point of my work week

Possibly the high point of my entire career even. Was (wait for it!) being propositioned on Question Point by a 9000 year old man from Kentucky who wanted to marry me. He was quite insistent about both points. And not at all deterred when I repeatedly declined his oh so generous offer, explained I was unavailable, and tried to steer the chat back to "Do you have a reference question I can help you with?".

Inappropriate responses I wanted to type, all of which would no doubt earn me a politely worded reprimand from my OCLC overlords:

"Lazarus Long, is that you?!"

"Sorry, but I like a man with a little more age and experience."

"You don't look a day over 35."

"Tempting, given these currently uncertain economic times. Do you have a steady job, your own home, and are you willing to sign a pre-nup promising to keep me in a style to which I can only dream of becoming accustomed?"

Please note, I replied with NONE of the above. I CAN be taught restraint. Truly, this was a red-letter day in my new career as a virtual reference librarian.

1 comment:

  1. I still think you should have told him you don't go for younger guys.

    ReplyDelete