Friday, February 13, 2009

Tag Rrolls

What is a tag roll you may ask yourself? (And you may ask yourself-well...how did I get here?) Tag rolls are a way of displaying your delicious tags on your website as either a cloud or a (yawn!) list.

Woefully under-annotated and underpopulated as my delicious bookmark collection may be, I decided to run it through delicious' tag roll generator...

I think I prefer the resulting delicious tag cloud (lower right) to my Tag Cloud Generator generated list. (Try saying that last bit 3 times, fast, I dare you!) The tags aren't nearly as amusing, but they're infinitely more practical. The delicous tag cloud comes straight from delicious--just click on settings, tagrolls, and tweak the display options in the form as desired.

Me, I desired something other than default blue. Unfortunately, unlike the TCG, delicious' tagrolls don't have a handy "select your favorite" color menu. If you don't know the code, you're stuck with...default blue. That was...unacceptable. I refuse to be thwarted by a lack of pop-up menus. So I exercised my google-fu and found this extremely handy hexadecimal Web Color Chart. And I copied and pasted my coded colors into the delicious form and, voila, we have more...lilac and periwinkle?! I appear to be channeling Mary Ellen. Suffice to say, the color's easy to change. And at least it's not default blue.

I'm still looking for a way to generate a moving cloud...

2 comments:

  1. Cindy, I hope you will show me how to make a cloud for my blog! I have one for my Library Thing library; it would be fun to compare it to my Delicious collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing! And I'd love to know how to make a cloud for my library. The cover display just isn't doing much for me.

    ReplyDelete