Monday, February 23, 2009

More Fun with Thing#10--The Generator Blog

The Generator Blog at http://generatorblog.blogspot.com/ may be one of my new favorite places to play. I'm having so much fun, I subscribed to its RSS feed so I can keep track of all the new ways to play on the web! Sadly, a number of the previously posted generators (A-Team Episode, anyone?) are dead links. Below you'll find a few of the viable generators I discovered. (BTW, for every generator I blog about...I checked out at least 3 more. This is...addictive. Penguin writing, customized cappuccino, sheep poetry, Simpsons' Church Sign Generator, Scribbler, The Neitsczhe Family Circus... their time will come.)



And lo, I looked into my pancakes and saw the face of ... cat?!
Make a Miracle! of your very own at http://glassgiant.com/miracles/
(I was hoping the miracle would appear in my toast. I'm not really a pancake person. And it would better advertise my allegiance to The Church of Toast.)

This one amused me...view the word "library" from the side and you get...
(For the record, that's "GHASTLY." It doesn't show up well against my template. Still tickles my funny bone, though. Click on it to see what I'm talking about.)

My name...
(That's "silly," BTW. It too refuses to play nicely with my template.)
Courtesy of The Side View Generator at http://en.genzu.net/sokumen/ where the word you enter is interpreted as dots which are then rotated so that they're seen from a different angle, giving you, voila!, a new word entirely.

¿ƃuılǝıɔ ǝɥʇ uo noʎ ǝɹɐ ʎɥʍ `sıɥʇ ƃuıpɐǝɹ ǝɹ,noʎ ɟı

The above was generated at Upside Down Writing at http://www.sherv.net/flip.html. Now if I can just find one that will let me do mirror writing...

I've always been amused by Despair.com. Their demotivator posters gave me many a not-s0-secret thrill when I was a supervisor. I have one of their coffee cups--"This cup is now half empty." And I adore their BitterSweets: Valentine Candy for the Rest of Us. So imagine my squee when I found the Candy Heart Generator by way of the Generator Blog. And I proceeded to make my very own bittersweets! I'm pretty sure this generator was intended for those romantically inclined, but me, I'm not that girl. Enjoy!





And I finally found a glitter generator that's easy to use AND free over at Glitter Graphics. At last I can let my inner 11-year-old girl run free. Look, this one even scrolls...and it sparkles!

Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics

(Sonia, I really hope you didn't just spew all over your keyboard.)

Make a word poem (the text is gibberish, it's the image that's supposed to mean something) over at Williams Words Generator by submitting a word 10 characters or less in length. (Oh, if it would only allow more characters...)

I liked the one I made for "my library" better, but couldn't manage a successful screen capture. Those screens, they're wily beasts, don't you know. You've got to sneak up on 'em...





I actually got this fortune once at a local Chinese restaurant. Amazing how well those cookies know the real me...




You can make your own over at the Fortune Cookie Message Generator.

Fun with fridge magnets over at the Fridge Messages!



I think I would've enjoyed this one even more if it included a greater variety of colors, capital letters, and more punctuation.

Found a new way to make picture mosaics over at the Image Mosaic Generator!


I'd mentioned in an earlier post I didn't care for FD Toys' mosaic generator because it required you have a large flickr photostream to draw from. I'd downloaded AndreaMosaic instead which included its own image gallery. Although this generator lacks the special effects capabilities of AndreaMosaic, you don't have to download anything to your PC. IMG draws images from all over Flickr for you. Pretty nifty, no? Try standing back a few feet or so to get the full effect.

Not quite sure what to say about this one, or what it says about me! This is my life as interpreted by Mondrian:
Input information about yourself over at my Data=my Mondrian. The information is converted into data...the data is converted into values...and the values are converted into art. Try it for yourself!

Here's a Dynamic Einstein Picture I created over at http://www.hetemeel.com/einsteinform.php


(Now if only I'd been able to think of something clever to write on the chalkboard. sigh.)

And now for something completely different! As I used google-fu to find it rather than The Generator Blog. You, too can write just like Leonardo! Da Vinci, that is. Not Di Caprio. Found this at Boston's Museum of Science whilst googling mirror writing. I'm planning on using it in a future Clue Done It program as a clue, just watch and see if I don't. Doesn't look much like SCLD's official brand, now does it?
One last image to share, this one brought to you by Coraline the Movie (more about its awesomeness in a later post). Your name in mice, here at the Bobinsky Theater.


Isn't the Mouse Circus just amazing?

I am in awe of the creativity evidenced by all of these software developers. Most of these folks are coding for fun not profit and look at all the toys they've come up with. Isn't this cool?

**Editor's note: Grrrr. Arrgggghhhh. How much do I hate the fact that preview in no way reflects how this looks when actually posted into my template?! Let me count the ways. Again with the Grrrr.**

2 comments:

  1. I love Despair.com too. It's the way a lot of us really think! You've found a lot of very cool Generators. I will have to play some more, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Power
    generators
    have two main components. A motor that burns fuel to supply power and a generator head that turns power into electricity. Together, the motor and the generator head comprise a standard generator.

    ReplyDelete