Saturday, February 14, 2009

just me and my dad


just me and my dad, originally uploaded by Holy Exploding Shark.



This is a test. It is only a test. (But I think I'm going to leave it here 'cause I like the picture and I have so few of my dad and I together.)

Posted this just to see if I could as a co-worker and I were struggling to post from her flickr account to her blog...apparently flickr likes me better. No matter what we try, her attempts to "blog this" fail. And fail utterly. Even the test posts refuse to go through. We've checked that she's granted flickr access to her blogger account. We've checked she's posting to the correct blog. And the help files have been utterly unhelpful. Which is usually the case in these situations. sigh.

This is me, almost 18 (count 'em!) years ago. June, 1991. Kennicott, AK. The fuzzy perm days. (shudder) Dad's hairstyle, for the record, hasn't changed in over 50 years. He is a man devoted to his crewcut.

4 comments:

  1. Kennicott! I remember that t-shirt, you wore it all the time. Probably to taunt us that you could've gone a high-end school like Carleton and attend UAF instead.

    They did away with the cable ferry a few years ago, that made me sad. I'm hoping John and I can take a few days and go there this next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry to learn the cable ferry is gone. BTW, Dad the engineer (who was checking out my blog earlier, eep!) wants us both to know that the correct term is "tramway." Whatever it might be called it was fun, thrilling, and just a little bit scary for those of us who have a thing about heights, open spaces, and rushing rivers far beneath us. Okay, so it was only like 15 feet. It was still a rush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. Your dad's blog cruising? Oh dear. Does this mean I have to stop swearing online?

    Tramway. Yes sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cruising? No. No. No. Not my folks. I just showed 'em the page with the picture--it's highly unlikely they'll visit again. But even if they did...they've always liked you better than me, anyway. So no worries. Go forth and express your true self. ;)

    ReplyDelete