Monday, February 16, 2009

Thing #7 1/2--more random acts of technology

Have just reviewed my avatar post as it looks "live" in my template (remarkably unlike what it looks like in preview, I might add) and have decided to set a few technological goals for myself:

(1) Learn how to do screenshots & how to edit them effectively. Some of the images I added (BlockHead Me, for example) are AWFUL. There's got to be some way to get rid of the excess border... (PS--I may have killed Imaging on my PC in my attempts to edit those screenshots. It...doesn't seem to want to open any more. Paint is chugging along just fine, though, thanks for asking.)

(2) Edit the template code to the extent that a) the margins are expanded so I've got more useable typing space and b) comments are tweaked so that I can create an actual comment thread for posts that will notify commentors when OTHER people comment on their posts. Does this exist in other templates? Surely somebody knows how to code this. It's standard for livejournal. (Hey, maybe I can just crib the code off my journal?)

This oughta keep me off the streets & out of trouble for the foreseeable future...

If there's anyone reading this who's got a better handle on Blogger templates than I do and is willing to lend a hand, I'd really appreciate it. I'd trade cookies for tech support. I make a mean chocolate chip cookie...

And now...good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment